Monday 28 March 2011

Did Con candidate offer visas for votes?

An Ottawa Citizen news item reports that Contempt Party candidate Parm Gill has been bragging about his staff's capacity for processing immigration applications. Isn't that an administrative procedure that is legally required to be done by properly trained workers employed by the Ministry?
According to the audio recording of Gill's comments and a transcript released by the Liberals, the Conservative praised his own record of a candidate saying that it "speaks for itself."

"I'm very proud that people come to me for help, even though I'm not being a member or have a government budget," Gill said, according to the transcript.

"I have three staff full-time just taking calls and helping me process immigration files or anything else," said Gill.
Oh, and yesterday I re-tweeted this. Just to check out if @kenneyjason had produced anymore revealing typos, I scrolled through his twitter stream and discovered he had withdrawn the original tweet and corrected the word *ethnic*.

Nonetheless, an interesting slip.

2 comments:

fern hill said...

OMFG, they're shameless. Absolutely shameless.

deBeauxOs said...

And desperate, like cornered plague rats.

Post a Comment