Sunday 26 July 2009

Roeder + Operation Rescue = Assassination

In a longish piece in the Kansas City Star, accused domestic terrorist Scott Roeder addresses several topics, including his enablers:
In a phone interview Friday, Roeder said he was upset at the president of Operation Rescue, Troy Newman, who had condemned the killing and said his organization had nothing to do with Roeder.

“He said that I never was a member and I never contributed any money,” Roeder said. “Well, my gosh, I’ve got probably a thousand dollars worth of receipts, at least, from the money I’ve donated to him.”

Roeder said he wrote Newman a letter from jail.

“I told him, ‘You better get your story straight because my lawyer said it’d be good for me to show that I was supporting a pro-life organization.’ ”

Newman said Friday he didn’t believe Roeder gave money to his group.

“We have a database, but I haven’t been able to find him in the database,” he said. “If he did (donate), we have probably over the past 10 years over 50,000 people who have contributed to us.”

Well, no, Newman, because your database like your website has been scrubbed.

But I understand that the FBI has some pretty smart tech-dudes and dudettes who could unscrub the database to prove conspiracy charges against you and your organization in Dr Tiller's assassination.

Bonus: The New York Times has a comprehensive piece on Dr Tiller's persecution.

Added: His preliminary hearing is scheduled for this Tuesday.

2 comments:

Luna said...

Oh, I sincerely hope the guy has receipts! That would be just beautiful.

deBeauxOs said...

Roeder may have receipts, but it will be difficult to produce them if someone from Operation Rescue were to accidentally torch his home.

Post a Comment